September 4, 2010

WHEN WAS/IS THE SALVATION OF ISRAEL TO OCCUR?


I love this video...Passionate, Patriotic and a great performance. I heard it for the first time today. I highly recommend.

...And YES, I know the video has nothing to do with the topic of the post.

When was/is the salvation of Israel to occur? Past or Future?

The promise was given...
Isaiah 49:8 Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit ...the desolate heritages;

It seems that Paul answers the question by declaring the fulfillment of Isaiah 49:8 (above) in the New Testament passage of 2 Cor 6:2 (Below)

2 Cor 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succored thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

According to Paul it was "NOW", in his day in the first century that this promise of Israels salvation was being fulfilled. So it cannot be in some future mythological millennial, earthly kingdom.

Your thoughts?

No comments: