September 14, 2010

IDEAS FOR THE FIRE

In the history of the printed word...The only time books have been burned have been out of fear, not hatred.



FEAR OF IDEAS.



When one person could not answer or refute the ideas of his opponent he would seek to destroy the ideas in the fire. I have no problem with the ideas of Islam. I can refute them easily from logic, scripture and history. I can show the ideas of the Koran to be false and passing away. I do not fear the ideas found in the Koran.

So, I do not desire to burn it.

The other problem is that soon after books are burned to squelch an idea....people are burned. And much for the same reason.

Most Christians (if not all) who have been burned at the stake throughout church history were burned for their ideas. Even heretics. But a heretical idea should be easy to refute logically and biblically so really there is no reason to burn heretics either.

No comments: