December 3, 2007

NATHAN AFTER BOOT CAMP

Here as promised are some pictures of Nathan After boot camp.

Nathan in formation.

You may be wondering about the grave marker behind Nathan in the picture. Well my Great Great Grandfather and Grandmother are buried in Cabool, MO just about 45 miles from the Army base where Nathan did his boot camp. I thought since I had never seen it I would take Nathan there and show him some of his past. My ancestor in the picture lived from 1838-1923, fought in the civil war and was a circuit riding preacher after the war.

I had a wonderful time getting to see Nathan as he finished this milestone in his life. While there he lost 40 pounds and was quite exhausted. He looked great. More to come.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Jeff,
Nathan looks great.. Basic did him proud.. I wonder if they'd take me. I could definitely stand to lose 40lbs...
Love ya,
Mom

Anonymous said...

so what side of the civil war did he fight in?

Jeff Rogers said...

Bekah,
He fought in the 6th Indiana Infantry, Company A. That would be from the North. He joined Sep 12, 1861, from Jefferson County, (Same county that George Rogers Clark settled and eventually died in). he was mustered out Mustered out Sep 22, 1864.
You can go to this link and see him in the company A list.

http://members.aol.com/wwhitby/6_a.html

Dad

Pege` said...

Hey Jeff, where did our baby boy go?? I remember when he used to wear Donald Duck slippers when he was not yet 2 and watched the heads bob back and forth. He was so mezmorized by them, looking at them as he walked, he would run into things... like walls...now look at him. I sure hope the Army doesn't issue Donald Duck slippers....OH BOY!!!!